Ben’s co-host for this episode is Steve Sims, the visionary founder of Bluefish, the world’s first luxury concierge that delivers the highest level of personalized entertainment services to corporate executives, celebrities, professional athletes, and other discerning individuals interested in living life to its fullest.
They have their live coaching winner Chris Miller, a real estate agent and entrepreneur, who is in the process of building a new brand and having his own team.
Listen to this episode and find out how Ben and Steve help Chris address his struggle in building a brand and having a team. Also, learn how Chris prided on the relationship side of the real estate business and stayed in tune with people he encounters as supposed to just shooting for the mighty dollar.
Quotes:“Support is an investment, not a cost.”- @uglysims Click To Tweet “The one thing that we all want is more time .”- @uglysims Click To Tweet “To do something that you can’t do and don’t want to do. Then all of a sudden it becomes an investment because it gives you more time.”- @uglysims Click To Tweet “You pay people to do what they can do so you can do what you can excel at.”- @uglysims Click To Tweet
- 00:48 – Steve Sims background—The Real Wizard of Oz
- 02:40 – Live coaching contest winner, Chris Miller’s background
- 04:14 – Chris Miller’s struggle as a business owner and a realtor
- 06:01 – How do you build a profitable business and maintain a happy team?
- 10:05 – Building a team of online virtual assistants for support
- 11:22 – Support as an investment, not a cost
- 14:40 – Power of outsourcing
- 19:23 – How to hire people
- 23:20 – Controlling your team
- 29:41 – How being an entrepreneur is tough
- 31:51 – Personality brand and being authentic
- 37:12 – The ‘Chris Miller’ Culture
- 41:19 – Getting feedback about your service and your values from the people around you
- 54:47 – Marketing for the business and having fun